Career Transition Strategist & Personal Results Coach
As a former member of our U.S. Navy, I understand what leadership skills it takes to serve and how to transition those skills successfully to an organization. I have successfully transitioned from active duty to management in the federal government to coaching. I utilize intuition and compassion; leverage my experiences to help individuals maximize their potential by challenging their mindset and desire to exceed. As a strategic leader, mentor and coach, my goal is to find innovative solutions to assist individuals with the challenges of transition and leading.
I have two coaching specialties: Transition Coaching for Military Veterans to successfully transition to civilian careers. This includes developing strategies for them to take immediate, confident, and decisive action. My other specialty is Personal Results Coaching for young professionals to successfully prepare for higher-level management jobs within the federal government. The emphasis is on leadership development and emotional intelligence.
My ideal clients are individuals ready to take action and to be held accountable as they transform their lives at an accelerated pace. I am highly experienced in coaching emerging leaders of the Department of Defense and I work frequently with Veterans who transition to the federal government and private industries.
Professional Services Offered
Depending on the needs of my clients. I offer the following:
- One-on-One Coaching
- Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (ELI-MP) assessments and debriefs
- 360 degree assessments and debriefs
- EQ-I 2.0 assessments and debriefs
- Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step II instrument
- Facilitation and training
Projects / Case Studies / Results
- Federal Coach Training program (FICTP) Program Coach
- Defense Civilian Emerging Leader Program Coach
What Clients Can Expect
- Debrief of selected assessments
- Challenge of their mindsets and desire to exceed
- Support to navigate gaps, identify vision, strategize and align
- Individual results based on identified goals
Professional Certifications / Qualifications
- Certified Professional Coach, Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching (IPEC)
- Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (ELI-MP)
- Certified practitioner of Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Certified practitioner of EQ-I 2.0
Affiliations / Organizations
- Member of Federal Coaching Network (FCN)
- Member of San Diego Coaches alliance (SDPCA)
- Member of Mastermind Club, a SDPCA program
- Member of International Coach Federation (ICF)
I am a proud Navy veteran with more than 30 years of active duty and federal government experience. Having formally trained in Accountancy, I worked in the Financial Management and strategic leadership arena for over 20 years. As a strategic leader and mentor, I was introduced to coaching which started me on my current path.
I found helping people achieve their goals very rewarding, but I wanted to do more. In 2016, I attended Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching (IPEC) and became a Certified Professional Coach. I currently coach Emerging Leaders within the federal government in effort to transform individuals to a mindset of leadership and assist organizations with the challenges of transition to transformation. I am also navigating a new personal path as I establish Tru2youcoaching to incorporate new coaching perspectives on strategy, transition and results.
Professionally, I have an extensive background in Financial Management with over 20 years federal government experience in financial analysis and strategic leadership. I hold a Master of Business Administration and Bachelor degree in Accounting from National University. I also hold a Coaching Certificate from the Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching (IPEC).
I am very committed to working with people who are ready to take action and be held accountable as they transform their lives at an accelerated pace. I utilize intuition and compassion; leverage my experiences to help individuals maximize your potential by challenging their mindset and desire to exceed.