Sheryl Roush is a live and virtual motivational speaker, business coach, and marketing consultant who combines her expertise of speaking (30+ years) and marketing (45+ years) for those who want to expand into the business of public speaking—or market their business and services using speaking and performance.
Through intuitive coaching and programs, she helps individuals bring out their brilliance and authenticity—in person, in public, and in print. Her decades of experience spans public speaking, marketing, publishing, print advertising and sales. She has owned five award-winning graphic design studios.
A highly requested keynote presenter at conferences, and virtual events, Sheryl has presented over live 3,500 programs in 12 countries. She has presented on all online platforms, for over 6 years. Sheryl is a Certified Virtual Presenter (CVP), and Zoom event producer.
Sheryl’s Coaching Programs are ideal for ALL levels of presenters
Your Personalized Coaching Program will help you:
- Overcome nervousness and gain greater confidence
- Deliver an authentic message
- Shorten speech preparation time with tighter structure, flow and organization
- Enhance your creativity, innovation and ideas
- Increase audience engagement and retention
- Target marketing and leverage opportunities
- Develop products aligned with your core message
- Set up your speaking business and your speaking fees
- Create professional slides, handouts and program introductions
- Craft effective marketing materials to promote your business
- Conduct productive and energizing meetings
Sheryl has earned numerous awards for both communication and leadership from Toastmasters International and the National Speakers Association.
A member of the SDPCA for nearly 20 years, Sheryl served as President in 2005, 2017 Interim VP Marketing and VP Communications, 2018 President and 2019 President. She is the 2020 Secretary and Advisor, and Webinar Chair.
See my Speaking Clients List
Professional Services Offered
Whether you want to learn to improve your speaking skills, get rid of stage fright - or virtual presentation fears - or learn how to market your speaking business to get paid …
- Find an area of expertise from which you can speak, train and make great income.
- Create presentation titles and marketing content that sells and gets you booked to speak.
- Shorten your learning curve dramatically by learning from a professional speaker with 30+ years experience.
- Turn free into FEE by becoming a successful paid professional speaker.
- Overcome nervousness and gain greater confidence in front of any audience.
- Tighten structure, flow and presentation organization.
- Develop your authentic message and speaker fee schedule.
- Craft effective marketing materials that sell your presentations.
- Develop products that align to your presentation topics.
- Conduct productive and energized meeting with innovative audience engagement.
- Zoom like a star with confidence building techniques.
Projects / Case Studies / Results
Sheryl trained Intuit’s executive sales team for the release of TurboTax, resulting in an 873% closing rate on first-time sales calls. She developed the slides presentations, created a standard branding image, and coached each member of the sales team individually.
Deepak Chopra’s lecture team has been trained by Sheryl, to be more interactive, and engaging, with greater memory of the lectures retained by attendees.
The U.S. Olympic Training Center recruited Sheryl to create their Speakers Bureau and trained 30 Southern California Olympians upon earning their medals.
Sheryl conducted public speaking and media interview skills training consecutively 2000-2019 for the NFL’s Charger Girls cheerleading squads (28 ladies each year). http://sherylroush.com/speaking/coaching/
She has worked with celebrities on their public speaking and marketing, including: Brian Smith, Founder of UGG Boots; Rob Angel, Pictionary Creator; Michelle Weinstein to get on Shark Tank; and numerous stars in Sci-Fi (Star Trek, Stargate SG-1/Atlantis), and coaching on-set for Star Trek: Enterprise; Leonard Nimoy, "Mr. Spock" on Star Trek.
What Clients Can Expect
Coaching Clients can expect full-attention to their needs, with a personalized program.
“I would have paid twice as much for the value you give me.”
– Rob Angel, Pictionary Creator
Speaking Event Clients can expect highly-tailored and lively presentations for their program.
“Sheryl Roush is such a dynamic and engaging speaker that we felt very lucky to have her present at the 2016 Mensa-Con American Mensa Annual Gathering. Her presentation on “7 Secrets to Connect with Anyone” was well-attended and among our top rated presentations for the conference. We were fortunate that it was effortless to work with her regarding scheduling and setup and she exceeded our expectations as an interactive and captivating addition to our Leadership Development program.”
-- LaRae Bakerink, Chair, American Mensa Annual Gathering, 2016
- Certified Virtual Presenter (CVP), eSpeakers
- Accredited Speaker credential, Toastmasters International, for professional and outstanding achievements in public speaking, judged in 6 categories, 1993
- Top-rated trainer (7 years straight) by international attendees, CareerTrack Seminars
- Over 25 years of experience in speaking, training, facilitation and leading retreats
- Presented throughout Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Canada, England, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, Northern Ireland, Qatar, Singapore, and the United States, including Puerto Rico, plus virtual presentations internationally.
- Top-rated trainer (#1 for 3 years straight) Starwood Hotels-Southern California
- Top-rated trainer, for 8 years, San Diego Zoo Global
- Lead Trainer, NFL San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers, Dance & Cheer Charger Girls, public speaking and media interview coach
- Top-rated international design trainer for Career Track Seminars (#1 for 4 years), consistent high attendee evaluation scores (topic content 9.50, trainer rating 9.74) overall topic rating (#1-4 overall ranking of all trainers) and sales ranking (#1 in topic) exceeded topic average sales (by 138%) consistently performed in the top 20% of the international trainer corps (220+).
Honors / Awards
- Exceptional Service Award, SDPCA, 2019
- Ambassador of the Quarter, La Mesa Chamber of Commerce
- Toastmasters International, District 5
- National Speakers Association/Greater Los Angeles Chapter
Bronze, Silver and Gold Microphone Awards
Member of the Year, Greater Los Angeles Chapter
Member of the Year, San Diego Chapter
- Toastmasters International
Area Governor of the Year Award
Division Governor of the Year
Excellence in Education & Training Award
District Governor, elected leadership position (1 of 73 globally)
Presidential Citation, Toastmasters International, 2009
- Local Author Award, San Diego Public Library, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Member of the Year, NorCo/PacBell Ski Club, San Diego
- Member of the Year, San Diego Ski Club
- Most Interactive Trainer Award, Career Track Seminar, International
- Most School Spirit, Associated Student Body 100% vote, Bonita Vista High School
- Ms. Cosmopolitan, awarded for community service
- Ms. Heart of San Diego, 2004, 2005 for service to homeless and battered women and children in the community
- Spirit of Excellence Award, 2008, The Crowns for the Cure, Breast Cancer Research
- American Society of Training & Development
- Global Speakers Federation
- National Speakers Association, Professional Member
- Toastmasters International
- San Diego Professional Coaches Alliance, Inc.
Blending four decades of experience as both a speaker and a marketing design expert, Sheryl’s background includes:
- Over 45 years in advertising, marketing communication, graphic design
- Owner of 5 graphic design studios and printing businesses
- Top Ten international newsletter design honors (4 awards), Toastmasters International
- Award-winning graphic design, local and national honors
- Recipient of journalism awards
- Author of 5 books on the topic including Solid Gold Newsletter Design
- Author of Solid Gold Marketing Tactics, audio
- Author of Solid Gold Marketing Materials, DVD program for Speakers
- Art Director, RJ Software Systems, CCH Computax
Resources & Offers
Sheryl Roush is a 17-time published author, is published in numerous magazines, and is a contributor to several books, including The Business of Successful Speaking.
- Heart of Christmas: Stories & Poems, eBook
- Heart of the Holidays: Yuletide Treasures & Traditions (print and eBook)
- Heart of a Mother, Stories, poems, quotations, tributes (print and eBook)
- Heart of a Woman, Stories, poems and quotations
- Corazón de Mujer, Heart of a Woman, in Spanish, with fresh Latino stories, poems, quotations, scripture and cultural proverbs
- Heart of a Woman in Business: Stories, Strategies and Skills for Business Success (print and eBook)
- Heart of a Military Woman: Stories and Tributes to Those who Serve Our Country. Received 2009 Best Inspirational, San Diego Book Awards.
- Heart of Thanksgiving: In the Spirit of Gratitude, inspirational stories & poems, eBook
- How to Design Dynamic Newsletters, graphic design
- Solid Gold Newsletter Design, fully-illustrated graphic design “how to” resource
- Sparkle-Tudes!®, Inspirations for Creating Sparkling Attitudes– quotations by, for and about women
- The Princess Principle: Women Helping Women Discover Their Royal Spirit, Marilyn Sprague-Smith
- Info-preneuring: How to Make Millions from Your Information Business, Robert G. Allen (CD/DVD set)
- Heart of a Toastmaster: Inspirational stories by, for and about members of Toastmasters International. Received 2014 Best Anthology, International Book Awards.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +1 858-569-6555
- Calendar: Schedule a Free-free-mentoring-call
Speaker website: SherylRoush.com
Coaching website: SpeakAndMarketLikeAPro.com
- Social Media:
Facebook Business page: https://www.facebook.com/sparklepresentations
Facebook Coaching page: https://www.facebook.com/SpeakAndMarketLikeAPro
Facebook Personal page: https://www.facebook.com/sherylroush
YouTube: search Sheryl Roush